Mother-to-be loses everything in fire, firefighters come to her rescue 

Posted: 6:42 am Wednesday, April 26th, 2017

By Eric "Hollywood" Davis STAR 94.5

 

Mother loses everything1

An expectant mother  was devastated when a fire destroyed her Lauderhill, Florida, apartment, along with baby shower gifts that she needed to welcome her baby girl, but, thanks to her local fire department, she has a new home and everything she needs to welcome her baby.

WSVN reported that firefighters with the Lauderhill Fire Department in Florida surprised Nicola Taylor with a baby shower Wednesday.

“God is amazing,” Taylor told WSVN. “This is more stuff that I had. Thank you.”

The firefighters also presented the family with a brand-new apartment.

Taylor is due in just a few weeks. The firefighters said they wanted to help her in whatever way possible.

“Having a family myself– I have two young kids — and going through that whole process of having a baby shower, having the babies, it hit home,” B.J. Smith, a Lauderhill firefighter, said.

Grandfather Glenton Daley was moved to tears by the fire department’s act of kindness.

“All I had on my back was my shirt and one pants,” Daley said. “I really appreciate what everybody has done for me.”

 

 

 

0 comments